- Posted by
Why UV Water Treatment?
If your home receives water from a city or municipal water supplier, you may be asking, "Do I need an ultra violet water filter system?" After all, why should you worry about additional water treatment if the water has already been treated at a water plant?
Municipal water suppliers do their best to protect the public. But contaminants can infiltrate aquifers and springs, and aging infrastructure can introduce contamination even when water has been treated.
3 Reasons to Install UV Light Water Filter If on City Water:
- Thousands of chemicals, pesticides, herbicides, and pharmaceuticals are not monitored or treated by city water suppliers.
- The aging water utility infrastructure in the U.S. is leaving some cities and towns vulnerable to contamination in their drinking water.
- Boil water advisories are common and inconvenient. The American Society of Civil Engineers estimates a water main breaks in the U.S. every two minutes, often resulting in the issuance of a boil water advisory (BWA).
- During a BWA, businesses and households lose access to clean, safe water and should boil drinking water, empty ice makers and prepare food with only purified water until the notice is lifted.
- Typical home water filter systems cannot protect against water-borne bacteria
- With a UV water filter system installed for your home, you would not be inconvenienced by a boil water advisory, but can continue to use your water, as normal.
Whole-House Ultraviolet Disinfection Gives Peace of Mind
UV Water Filtration Gives Peace of Mind
A whole-house ultraviolet system can ensure water is safe from harmful bacteria--even during a boil water advisory. Ultraviolet water filtration and purification is an economical and efficient way to ensure your drinking water is safe.
UV systems are easily installed on your water supply line after any other water treatment equipment. In areas with hard water, customers often install a softener in front of the UV system. Occasionally a pre-filter needed to keep solids in the ground water from degrading the UV lamp's performance.
If you have questions, a water specialist is available Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm Central: (877) 377-9876.
Improving Your Water is Simple! Not thrilled with the taste, odor or appearance of the water coming from your tap? We've been in the water treatment business for 25+ years and have discovered that it doesn't take rocket science to have great water. In fact, in just a couple of simple steps--we can help you LOVE YOUR [...]
Despite treatment at municipal water plants, contaminants may still be found in our water. The U.S. has some of the cleanest water in the world, but the ever-increasing threat of leaching pipes, corrosion, and plant power outages are very real causes for concern. The following contaminants may still be present in household drinking water: Pesticides and herbicides Pharmaceuticals Disinfection [...]
Updated February 23, 2021 Every year, thousands of “BOIL WATER ORDERS” are issued in cities throughout the U.S. These “alerts” or “advisories” are issued when there is a strong possibility of bacterial contamination in the drinking water. By law, city governments and municipal water suppliers must inform the public if unsafe water conditions arise.Common reasons for a [...]
WARNING: Don’t Drink or Cook with the Water Realizing that you don't have access to clean, safe water for making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, or food preparation is enough to make most of us panic. If anything, it certainly heightens our awareness of how important water is in our everyday activities. While being told not to [...]