Best Emergency Water Systems for Households and Small Groups
- Posted by
Preparing for Emergencies and Natural Disasters
In recent years, we’ve witnessed the devastation and destruction left by earthquakes, fires, flooding, hurricanes and tsunamis. In fact, weather-related disasters are on the rise.
The 2018 World Disasters Report, published by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies attributes more than one million fatalities to disasters throughout the globe in the last decade.
And the recent spread of viruses such as the coronavirus COVID-19 and Sars, have left many of us feeling anxious-- wondering if we could provide adequate food and water for our family during times of emergency?
How Can We Better Prepare for Disasters?
To prepare for emergencies, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) recommends every individual assemble a “72-hour Kit”. The website ready.gov outlines suggested content for emergency preparedness kits, including three gallons of water, a three-day supply of food, flashlights/batteries, first aid kit and more.
A family of four would need to have 12 gallons of water in tote. That's why it's recommended that you also procure a type of water purification system that would best meet survival needs as an individual, family or group.
For almost 30 years, we’ve worked with disaster relief organizations, foreign missionaries, emergency planning and preparation groups, etc. to find the right solutions to their water purification needs.
Years of research, and most importantly-- feedback from those in the field using the water purification systems led us to the very best products in the industry. The Outback stands out because of quality craftsmanship, value for price, and ability to consistently successfully purify water in a time of need.
Advantages of the Outback™ Water Purifiers:
- Perfect add-on to a food storage program or 72-hour kit
- Portable bucket system means your family could quickly grab 72-hour packs and get out of harm’s way.
- Purify water from almost any freshwater source-- nearby swimming pool or river.
- Gravity-powered filtration system means no electricity needed.
- Meets EPA standards for virus and bacteria reduction.
- Models OB-25NF and OB-22NF remove 99.9999% bacteria and 99.99% viruses.
- Keeps your family or small group protected from water borne bacteria, cysts and viruses including E.coli, Cholera, Hepatitis and Polio.
- For nearly 30 years, the Outback has been successfully used by relief, rescue and religious organizations in Asia, Latin America, Africa, and the Middle East and is widely used by missionary and government organizations all over the world.
If you have questions about water filters for emergency, water experts are available Monday through Friday (Central time), 8 am to 5 pm at (877) 377-9876.